Thumbtack connects millions of people in the US with local professionals for their projects. With almost 1,000 different services to choose from, you’ll find pretty much anyone you’re looking to hire. A contractor to remodel your kitchen. A tutor to teach you French. A dog trainer to save your furniture from puppy accidents. An officiant, florist, caterer (and every other vendor you might need) for your perfect wedding.
Thumbtack has officially opened its first global office in the Philippines and we’re ready to start hiring. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup company and being part of a pioneering team in the Philippines sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this everyday.
We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits from fully-paid health insurance, to providing top-notch food from our in-house culinary team.
What you'll do
- Employer Branding
- Champion Thumbtack’s employer brand in the Philippines.
- Conceptualize and implement an employer branding strategy that is relevant, unique, and desirable, highlighting key differentiators that set Thumbtack PH apart from other employers.
- Develop a deep understanding of our company culture and values (globally and locally), and use that understanding to help refine and localize the company’s employee value proposition.
- Recruitment Marketing
- Collaborate with our US counterparts to ensure that all our marketing efforts are aligned and consistent with our global brand marketing principles and practices.
- Effectively communicate our employer brand through various communication channels both internally and externally.
- Build awareness and excitement around our hiring needs by creating and managing creative and engaging content and ensure that the right messages are in front of the right candidates at the right time.
- Expand the company’s online presence by creating and/or managing the company’s careers pages, social media pages/profiles, and all recruitment-related sites.
- External strategic partnerships
- Develop partnerships with external organizations and academic institutions to aid employer brand building and hiring efforts.
- Strengthen and maintain our external partnerships by attending networking, general assemblies, and other similar events, as well as identify opportunities where Thumbtack can participate more actively in these events (e.g. sponsoring, participating as resource speakers, hosting or organizing events, etc.)
- Sourcing subject matter expertise and leadership
- Leverage on employer branding, recruitment marketing and external partnerships to aid our sourcing efforts that ultimately lead to successfully closing our hiring needs on time and with high-performing individuals.
- Lead and mentor a sourcing specialist (and eventually a team of sourcing specialists).
What will make you a perfect fit for this role
- 3-5 years of professional experience in sourcing and recruitment marketing, with a strong understanding of the tech, shared services, outsourcing or similar industries.
- At least 1-year experience in a leadership capacity.
- Highly creative, with a strong understanding of key marketing concepts and ability to apply them in recruiting/talent acquisition.
- Nice to have: Marketing expertise either by way of education or professional experience.