Thumbtack connects millions of people in the US with local professionals for their projects. With almost 1,000 different services to choose from, you’ll find pretty much anyone you’re looking to hire. A contractor to remodel your kitchen. A tutor to teach you French. A dog trainer to save your furniture from puppy accidents. An officiant, florist, caterer (and every other vendor you might need) for your perfect wedding.
Thumbtack has officially opened its first global office in the Philippines and we’re ready to start hiring. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup company and being part of a pioneering team in the Philippines sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this everyday.
We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits from fully-paid health insurance, to providing top-notch food from our in-house culinary team.
Our People programs and initiatives are only effective if we can be leaders in how our company operates, and seamlessly integrate them into how our business works. That’s where a People Business Partner like you comes in.
What you'll do
- Be a trusted partner for the TPH office. Be a collaborative partner that has a strong pulse of the TPH office, a trusted partner to employees and leaders, and an influencer and point-of-contact for other People Teams including Recruiting, HR Operations, People Programs, and Workplace Experience.
- Provide expertise in key people domains. Manage key people domains for the TPH office, including employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, and key interfaces with total rewards, learning and development, recruiting etc., with ease, finding the right balance between what’s right for the employee and Thumbtack. Be a confidant and coach across TPH, to drive individual development, continuous improvement, and high performing teams.
- Drive change through people programs. Contribute to the design and rollout of key people programs (e.g., engagement action planning, performance management, compensation planning, development etc.) for the TPH teams, while also influencing the continuous improvement of these programs.
- Be a leader, and help us build. Provide a key interface between the People Teams and the TPH office; ensuring People programs and activities are integrated into the way the business operates and client insights are leveraged to influence the development of People programs. Anticipate and contribute to developing frameworks and processes to help us scale quickly.
What will make you a perfect fit for this role
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of HR business partner, generalist or equivalent experience
- Experience with: Performance management, employee relations, coaching, compensation and total rewards.