Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack has officially opened its first global office in the Philippines and we’re ready to start hiring. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup company and being part of a pioneering team in the Philippines sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About the Philippines Analytics Team
The Philippines Analytics team is the global extension of our Analytics team at Thumbtack. We are committed to solving problems and unlocking opportunities with data. To accomplish this mission, we focus on:
- Scaling Thumbtack’s Analytics capabilities: While our initial focus is analytics that drive operational excellence with our Customer Support and Marketplace Trust & Safety (MTS) teams, we want to build capabilities in the Philippines across various analytics domains (product, business, people, etc.) to support Thumbtack’s data-driven culture.
- Building a world-class team: Being the global extension of Analytics, we are passionate about hiring the best; investing in coaching and learning; and building a strong team identity and culture.
We are a tight-knit group that is passionate about driving impact through analytics.
As the leader of our Philippines Analytics team, you will use data to help drive insights and business decisions across Thumbtack. To do this, you will build and manage a team of analysts, build our capabilities and align analytics processes and infrastructure with our global Analytics team. You will work cross-functionally across teams in the Philippines as well as San Francisco and Salt Lake City to champion the use of data to understand and improve operational/business performance and end user experience.
Team and functional management
- Hire, coach, inspire, and develop a team of talented analysts who are staffed to individual functional and operations teams (e.g. Operations Analytics, Business Analytics, Product Analytics, People team, and potentially others)
- Prioritize and assign work to analysts
- Review and provide feedback on work output of analysts
Stakeholder management and global coordination
- Collaborate with key operational and functional stakeholders across the company to understand high-level strategy and roadmaps and translate those to tactical analytics projects
- Develop an intimate understanding of analytics capabilities in the Philippines and champion opportunities to tap those capabilities to support Thumbtack’s needs
Data infrastructure and governance
- Develop strong understanding of our data platform (know where and how data is stored and accessed)
- Collaborate with Core Services team on data platform and architecture in TPH (e.g. data access, data flows, data tools, etc.)
- Collaborate with global Analytics team on projects and align on standards and tools
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience in a highly analytical role, preferably with experience in tech analytics and/or operations
- 5+ years of experience building a team and managing direct reports
- Ability to work with company leaders to understand the company’s business needs and drive decisions
- Exemplary analytical problem solving skills, including strong business judgment and the ability to identify and synthesize insights from analysis
- Proficiency using SQL to analyze large data sets, or excellent excel skills and readiness to learn and become proficient in SQL
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Knowledge of data infrastructure and governance
- Advanced degree and exposure to Economics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science and/or Business, Operations Research
- Prior work experience at a marketplace tech company
- Experience with R or Python