Niantic is looking for a dynamic Director of Real Estate & Workplace Experience. Niantic’s Workplace team partners with leaders across the company to develop and run our global office environment. You will lead a wide range of work relating to Niantic’s global employee growth and own assurance of success in Real Estate and Workplace Experience matters. Are you passionate about that and intrigued by our mission? Could you see yourself in this role? If so, then we want you on our team. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead the REWE team including Office / Facilities Managers and their direct reports.
- Responsible for executing real estate strategy and office solutions globally. Lead facility service operations, including new office builds and dynamic expansions, capacity and space planning and implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Implement and lead operational objectives and processes globally, while remaining nimble and adaptable to the constantly changing environment.
- Provide an extraordinary customer service experience. Be the face of workplace services to our leaders and staff, partner with the team to deeply understand their needs and deliver the right solutions. Influence the customer (employees, office leaders) and other internal organizations in reaching consensus and compromise when needed.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure an efficient, productive integration for such things as regional initiatives, fiscal responsibilities, data analysis, new program implementation and M&A activities. Act as a trusted partner. Build links with business leaders to improve the employee experience. Drive communication with executive management through timely, meaningful, thorough and tailored communication.
- Serve as a key occupancy planning point of contact as a part of the office manager team globally.
- Maintain relationships with the business to understand the needs and drivers, as well as with the vendors, to lead and execute on occupancy planning. Track and document requirements to develop well-informed plans / scenarios. Lead and analyze data from various systems to convey occupancy scenarios that drive optimal performance and workflow of the business, keeping leaders & team members informed and ensuring consensus of plans.
- Handle and track all aspects/details of key leases, develop project schedule and budget, lead design and construction of real estate assets and fit out projects within overall regional portfolio.
- Advocate for design excellence in delivering ground up and mixed use projects, from Technical Due Diligence through to handover, as you lead a diverse group of internal and external partners towards project goals. Understand design preferences globally vs. locally with senior leadership and office leads, balancing harmonization with local touches.
- Consult and analyse construction contracts, design/consulting engineer appointments and procurement methodologies on all projects.
- Show a deep understanding of construction procurement knowledge, including local statutory requirements. Develop optimal relationships with external consultants and vendors through rigorous RFP processes, showing strong commercial focus and knowledge of challenges in the local supply chains.
- Make good use of the design and technical resources. Perform build versus lease and retrofit versus new construction analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, tracking and schedule management for all aspects of a project.
- Lead Physical Security operations in each major office location
- 12+ years of meaningful functional experience with preference for leading Facilities / Workplace Operations functions in fast-growing environments.
- Industry-related certifications (e.g. BIFM, IFMA) preferred.
- Experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards.
- Experience in and ability to run projects, such as long term planning, short term moves, in order to meet the business needs of a site/region.
- Effective people management and leadership skills with validated ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of contracts.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.