Niantic Legal partners with teams across the company to address the legal, compliance and public policy challenges (and opportunities!) we encounter as we develop creative augmented reality (AR) experiences. We seek an experienced and hardworking paralegal to assist our team with a variety of corporate, litigation, intellectual property and operational matters. You will have tremendous opportunity for impact and career growth in this role since (let’s face it) we have many areas that will benefit from your expertise. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
We understand that the skills below fall on both “sides” of the legal house. You may be more specialized, and not have experience with every listed skill-set. But if you are a tech-savvy, organized, legal support professional and you enjoy learning new skills, we want to hear from you. Do you love playing mobile games? Are you excited to support the creation of AR technologies that enrich human experience in the physical world? Both of these are a plus.
- You will develop and scale legal management systems and processes, and help select and implement new tools and systems as needed.
- You'll also lend a hand where needed throughout our small legal team.
Under the direction of counsel you will:
- Prepare and file regulatory filings, state annual reports, foreign qualifications and other corporate filings.
- Maintain company records, including minute books.
- Manage the records of the company's subsidiaries; maintain worldwide global structure chart and global subsidiary lists.
- Lead development of a corporate transactions database to track historical acquisition information and deal terms.
- Assist with coordination of quarterly and special board and committee meetings.
- Assist with board and stockholder consents, and other board materials.
Under the direction of counsel you will:
- Help oversee responses to regulatory or investigative inquiries and to discovery (document requests, interrogatories, and subpoenas) including collection of electronic documents.
- Implement and improve processes related to litigation holds and information governance policies.
- Coordinate with Niantic's partners to track and enforce against IP infringement.
- Maintain litigation calendars, case files, and case-related communications.
- Help to develop and implement policies and processes for responding to law enforcement requests and in response to third party subpoenas.
- Assist with Niantic’s IP portfolio, including domestic and foreign trademark prosecution, software copyright registration, and our patent program.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Associate's degree.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a paralegal, legal operations specialist, practice support professional, or similar role with a law firm or in-house legal team.
- You have demonstrated experience with any combination of the areas of focus described above (Corporate, Litigation, Legal Operations, IP enforcement).
- You have EDRM (Electronic Document & Records Management), Information Governance, and/or eDiscovery experience.
- You have the judgment and experience to spot issues and work independently or to consult with others as necessary.
- You have effective, clear, and concise written and verbal communication skills, including aptitude for communicating with cross-functional teams of non-lawyers.
- You love expanding your skill set, and you can prioritize and efficiently project manage in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.