We are seeking a strategic partner development manager to expand our business in the APAC market by accelerating driving the revenue for Niantic by working with high profile partners. This role will be on the Niantic Business Development team and requires someone with attention to detail, revenue driver, strategical negotiation skill, promptness, excellent organizational skills and professional relationship building. You should ideally possess ambitious, strategic thinking and influencing skills to various counterparts including both external and internal. You will be expected to develop positive relationships and possess keen understanding of legal contracts that will help in deal negotiations and closing. We are looking for someone who will be able to join the team, and waste no time. Does this sound like you? If so, read further below and don't hesitate to apply.
- Identify, build relationships and close deals with a variety of partners to support and grow Niantic’s business.
- Help define the go-to-market strategy for Niantic’s Real World Platform and execute by identifying and partnering with suitable brands and partners.
- Collaborate closely with the Strategic Partner Manager to ensure well-executed handoffs, and to develop, maintain and grow partner relationships; optimizing for shared goals and objectives.
- Engage in and support our deal negotiations with competitive analysis and/or models.
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers, Engineers and Legal team to ensure contracts meet internal needs.
- Work closely with the cross-functional teammates to help plan and execute campaigns and promotions, build case studies and customer success narratives and provide a feedback loop from partners.
- Identify scalable processes that help to drive productivity.
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience; MBA preferred.
- You have 6 years of experience in relevant function, preferably in digital, mobile, or online advertising industry.
- You have business level communication in Japanese and English.
- You have experience with partner development and management.
- You have experience with ongoing partner relationship management; you have the ability to serve as an advocate for your accounts internally and work collaboratively to find opportunities or resolve issues.
- You have experience as a leader with creativity to "think in an unexpected way," and execute effectively.
- You have a deep understanding of Niantic's products and technology industry.
- You have an ability to initiate, build and interpret legal documents while keeping in mind local context and working with attorneys on specific contract language.
- You are a strong negotiator with a partnership approach; ability to represent Niantic in agreement discussions and structure terms to achieve strong ongoing partner alignment.
- You have strong familiarity/knowledge of Niantic games, it’s community, and gaming communities.
- You are proficient in APAC languages.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.