MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to democratize education.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco and have created online classes taught by famous masters—Gordon Ramsay, Hans Zimmer, Werner Herzog, Serena Williams, Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, James Patterson, Annie Leibovitz, Usher, Christina Aguilera and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we are growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
MasterClass is looking for a creative, organized and motivated Post Production Supervisor to help our content team make great classes.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role ensuring Execs, Creatives and Producers are aware of creative and budgetary considerations as well as timeline impact of all changes to projects that happen after kickoff. Help everyone acknowledge and set limitations imposed by budget, then hit targets.
- Work with accounting and also shape best practices to ensure timely and accurate cost reporting.
- Extensive experience with Premiere Pro, familiar with workflows for DaVinci Resolve and Pro Tools.
- Proficient with 4K workflow including editing, color correction, graphics creation, and audio mixing.
- Familiarity with NAS/SAN post production environments a plus.
- Must be proficient in quality control and have a meticulous eye on final content.
- Be an excellent communicator who knows what information is needed and when. Can tailor communication to the audience, adept at how and when to press for details. Comfortable being the hub for updates.
- Can attend and run meetings all day, have pertinent information ready and quickly switch gears to manage sensitive situations.
- Solid people management skills. Will train and manage internal staff with development and growth in mind.
- Will shepherd relationships with outside vendors, stepping in when necessary to deliver projects under tight deadlines while fostering teamwork.
- Proven project management experience. Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while displaying a high level of professionalism. Knows how all the pieces fit together, can adapt systems and improve efficiency.
- Collaborate with editors/mixers to troubleshoot complications, adjust priorities and get buy-in on new targets.
- Experience with budget management, excel and google sheets. Practical knowledge of project management software and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Has a history of billing management and issuing POs.
- Has a deep understanding of deliverables and experience delivering on time.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in post production
- Excited to work with interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Work full-time in our San Francisco office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.