Niantic is seeking a Business Development Manager to focus on all facets of Niantic’s external relationships. You’ll source and negotiate partnerships with content owners for our future games, license technology to power our Real World Platform, and identify acquisition and/or investment targets. This role requires an entrepreneurial candidate who learns fast, hustles to execute, collaborates well with Niantic’s functional leads and builds strong rapport with partners. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, takes initiative and loves our mission of fostering outdoor exploration. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Identify, build relationships and close deals with a variety of partners to support and grow Niantic’s business.
- Identify acquisition and/or investment targets that meet Niantic’s current / future product needs.
- Help define the go-to-market strategy for Niantic’s Real World Platform and execute by identifying and partnering with third party developers.
- Engage in and support our deal negotiations with competitive analysis and / or models.
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers, Engineers and Legal team to ensure contracts meet internal needs.
- Identify scalable processes that help to drive productivity.
- Represent Niantic, as needed, by attending or presenting at industry-related events.
- University degree and/or MBA with 8+ years of relevant work experience in Business Development, preferably in the technology / media sector or an agency.
- Strong relationship builder who will represent Niantic in external party discussions. You should be comfortable presenting at the C-level, both externally and within Niantic.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter with proven track record of starting and leading key initiatives.
- Analytical mind that can find solutions to achieve win-win partnership outcomes and build basic models.
- A deep understanding of Niantic's products and the mobile app industry.
- You have some experience in Management Consulting or Investment Banking.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.