Niantic is seeking a UK Communications Manager to support the public relations and communications efforts in this meaningful market. The Niantic communications team supports initiatives for a vibrant global audience of tens-of-millions of users, using external media relations and internal communications that reflect the spirit of our mission. In this role, you will develop hands-on experience in dynamic communications work, while exercising your creativity and learning from passionate leaders in the field.
- You will lead external communications for Niantic in the UK and across the EMEA region. Be responsible for the development and execution of Niantic’s external communications plan to effectively articulate its vision and narratives to key partners.
- Dedicatedly lead strategic media relationships to shape coverage and perception of Niantic (at the corporate level and across its AR game portfolio). Handle incoming and outgoing press activities and direct the company’s response.
- Anticipate emerging reputational challenges and ambitious risks. Create plans and responses to effectively address them.
- Use a network of connections – media, analysts, industry influencers, among others – to facilitate opportunities for Niantic.
- You will manage external strategic partners, including PR agencies, to demonstrate and maximize efforts across geographies and target audiences.
- You will collaborate directly with the Marketing on effective campaigns and initiatives. Work alongside the Marketing team to craft compelling channels, messaging, and content to appropriately convey Niantic's vision with customers, partners, and other key partners.
- You will collaborate with the Legal team to improve the impact of public policy, and community-relations activities.
- You will work together with the People team on Niantic's internal communications and culture-building initiatives to ensure they are aligned with external efforts.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in communications/public relations. In-house, communications experience preferred.
- You have strong media relations skills and experience working with a public relations/communications agency desired.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high impact environment.
- You have good project management and organisational skills.
- You have excellent writing and editing skills.
- You are passionate about gaming and/or AR technologies.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.