At Niantic, we’re passionate about real world, social, mobile games that encourage players to go on adventures on foot with others. You will work closely and collaboratively with Niantic’s Business Development and Global Marketing team. You should also possess entrepreneurial, strategic thinking and management influence skills. We're striving to secure a candidate with the capability to develop strong, positive relationships and develop potential partnerships while coordinating all cross functional elements (i.e. legal, marketing, operations, etc.) This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- You will lead all aspects of the Emerging Markets (LATAM) region.
- You will guide and lead an existing team of Growth Scouts in LATAM with a focus on Brazil and Mexico with the following responsibilities:
- Business Development / Partnerships - You will lead all aspects of potential partner identification and sourcing (i.e.: mobile service providers, retailers, convenience stores, city governments, etc.) to jointly build synergistic events.
- Event generation origination and planning - Working with the local teams, you will be responsible for generating momentum / attending industry events in the largest cities in the country and planning meetups for your community (i.e.: Community Days, Rock in Rio, World Cup, etc..).
- Local Content Creation - Working with the local teams, you will drive all communication activities such as writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have business level communication in Portuguese or Spanish and English.
- You have 6+ years of experience in the mobile industry across mobile devices, mobile operators, and/or related start-ups.
- You have ample experience with partner development and management.
- You have, a minimum of 3 years’ experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management.
- You're a strategic thinker with strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- You've experience with ongoing partner relationship management; ability to serve as an advocate for your team internally and work collaboratively to find opportunities or resolve issues.
- You have strong written communications and editorial skills.
- You're able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- You're able to travel, including domestically and international.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.