At Niantic, we have a long history of viewing the world differently. We are the world’s leading augmented reality company with an initial focus on augmented reality games, including Ingress and Pokémon GO. We see a future where our technology paves the way for new entertainment experiences, advanced robotics, and scaled adaptive computing — and games are where we incubate some of our most audacious thinking. Technology has already transformed our lives, bringing together people, ideas, and information in unimaginable ways. We’re hard at work on a new technological chapter that connects the digital world with reality.
Niantic Player Support provides global customer support and uses tools to ensure a high-quality gameplay experience for tens of millions of users. The Player Support team is seeking an accomplished Player Support Manager to run Analytics and serve as a data specialist on the team, turning insights into new workflows, and setting up standardizations and processes to make it easy for the team to make data-driven decisions. You will lead a Support Data Analyst and will collaborate with the rest of the support team and across the organization and geographies. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- You will be responsible for the AI-based ticket classification system. Solidify the strategy and implementation plans and roll out processes to collect training data, improve accuracy of models, and expand coverage.
- You will serve as the lead of the ticket monitoring and spike notification tool, including defining thresholds and standardizing monitoring procedures.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to ensure scalability of data across products, structuring and cleaning up data sets as well as standardizing templates and processes.
- Turn data insights into actionable workflows or automation improvements aimed to increase customer experience.
- Fulfill data requests such as impact analysis and metrics reporting.
- Propose new ways to use available data to meet team goals.
- BA/BS degree, MBA a plus.
- You have 8+ years of experience in a data-oriented role in support or operations.
- You are proficient in Excel / Sheets; SQL-based query languages; and visualization tools such as Periscope or Tableau.
- You have shown experience drawing insights from data and distilling them into actionable recommendations.
- You have significant experience creating and implementing processes for higher efficiency.
- You are an excellent project and people manager with superb communication skills, experienced in collaborating with teammates to set up new processes or adjusting existing ones.
- You are a self-starter with remarkable interpersonal skills and a problem-solving attitude. You are able to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a dynamic team environment.
- You are passionate about Niantic’s mission and products.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- You have experience with outcome optimization techniques such as A/B testing.
- You have working knowledge of Python / R or other statistical programming languages.
- You are familiar with AI / NLP concepts and tools.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.