Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world using the power of mobile and location technologies? We are looking for a Product Manager to own Niantic’s APAC platform and enable us to bring our dynamic mobile game experiences to the region.
You will craft our APAC requirements for our localized server platform and ensure our users have a consistent, high-quality Niantic experience. You will work alongside the senior leaders of Niantic as well as product managers, engineers, and cross-functional teams throughout the company to build and scale the future of Niantic’s business in Asia. You will be in a strategically important role with high-visibility.
Are you technically minded with deep experience in bringing businesses to Asia? If so, we want you. This position is not eligible for TN visa sponsorship.
- You will cooperate with our APAC team to understand and prioritize local requirements.
- You will handle and lead diverse cross-functional teams to establish and execute on all localization solutions for APAC.
- You will own all aspects of the product roadmap and feature development for the APAC platform.
- You will define project plans, establish schedules, and be responsible for the development and implementation against goals and deadlines.
- You will stay up to date on regulatory and market trends in the APAC region.
- You will represent the APAC as a horizontal leader across engineering, game, marketing, legal and business development teams to ensure they have what they need and can work effectively.
- BA/BS, MS, Ph.D. or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent field.
- 5+ years of technical Product Management experience.
- You have experience working with a team of 5+ engineers.
- You have a proven record of successfully localizing and launching products into Asia, within set budget and timeline by leading complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- You have an entrepreneurial, collaborative and possess validated problem-solving skills with the shown ability to break down large, hard problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- You have written and speaking proficiency in either Japanese, Mandarin, or Korean (please specify).
- You have lived and worked in APAC region (please specify specific country).
- You have experience launching mobile and location-based product.
- You are an avid gamer.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.