Niantic’s Customer Experience team is committed to providing premier world-class customer service to our players. Our customer base is growing exponentially, and in order to continue to effectively advocate for our players, we need to scale and improve our current customer support processes as well as build and develop our team. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced leader who has built and led a globally-distributed customer response team for a high growth technology company in a fast-paced environment with high expectations for customer service.
In your role as Director, Customer Experience, you will be responsible for the strategic leadership and tactical execution of our customer support operations. You will lead a team of 20+ professionals to achieve business objectives and exceed customer expectations. The role requires a strong vision to drive the evolution of Niantic’s player support experience and scale for an ever growing player base across multiple titles.
You will collaborate with senior leadership to define our operations strategy and partner with leaders across the company to drive support experience improvements globally. Your team is main point of contact high-severity customer incidents and in taking care of sensitive customer situations. Your success as a manager will be measured by the professional development of your team members as well as your ability to coach and lead them in delivering a seamless support experience to our valued players. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Direct and lead all aspects of Niantic’s customer experience function, including strategies, policies, objectives, initiatives, vendors and people.
- Coach and mentor the people on the team. Promote environment of professional development and employee engagement. Lead and encourage the team to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Collaborate with Niantic’s senior leadership to define our customer experience vision, ensuring alignment with our company’s strategic direction and ability to drive economies of scale in service delivery.
- Develop clear strategic roadmaps for scaled customer service delivery and player experience. Present to senior leadership to gain alignment and investment.
- Translate strategic roadmaps into business plans. Drive alignment across organization on experience details. Develop tangible goals and clear accountabilities. Lead plan execution and report on plan performance.
- Introduce new and innovative technologies that improve our service delivery/experience and drive customer satisfaction to enhance Niantic’s brand.
- Evaluate, select and develop outsourced vendor partners. Partner with vendors to deliver customer experience to established performance standards.
- Establish clear goals for the team. Foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. Drive team performance to deliver results.
- Create clear metrics for defining our relationship with customers and define targets for the organization. Measure performance against metrics that balance speed and efficiency against the client experience.
- Evolve reporting to assess impact of customer experience metrics on Niantic’s business and brand.
- Monitor and drive execution of day-to-day customer experience team activity, ensuring courteous, timely and effective response to customer incidents and issues. Handle resolution of critical client issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert cross functionally. Act as the voice of our customer. Advocate for our most significant player and operational challenges and drive prioritization with our product and engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution; MBA preferred.
- 15+ years experience in customer-facing operations.
- 5+ years experience leading customer-facing operations teams.
- Strong technical acumen and experience with mobile and client/server technology.
- Relevant work experience in the outsourcing industry, including setting and driving vendor strategy, managing direct vendor operations, driving process improvement and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Previous experience building and scaling a customer-facing support or services role within a tech company strongly preferred.
- Previous experience leading a globally-distributed, high-performing team in a fast-paced, high growth environment strongly preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning and roadmap development; business planning and budget management; vendor operations, and project management; business process improvement; business performance tracking and reporting.
- Strong management toolkit with a reputation for leaving thriving employees in your wake.
- Deep knowledge of emerging and established CX practices.
- Interest in and familiarity with AR and gaming.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.