Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With nearly 1,000 different categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack has officially opened its first global office in the Philippines and we’re ready to start hiring. If joining one of Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” and being part of a pioneering team in the Philippines sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re hiring for.
About you and what your key outcomes will be
We live by the brand value of #alwaysbeimproving. As a Quality Assurance Lead, you will be an enabler of this value by surfacing opportunities for improving quality of work done by our specialists. You are customer obsessed and data driven. You have the ability to do deep dives on evaluation data really well and use that to improve our Quality and Operations processes as well as surface training opportunities. You will be leading a team of quality specialists and empower them to ensure that they succeed in their roles. You are well-versed in communicating and collaborating as you will serve as a partner to operations in the Philippines and key stakeholders in Salt Lake and San Francisco.
What you’ll do
- Build and design a quality and assurance program for Marketplace Trust and Safety processes
- Design a top notch quality and assurance processes to general auditing process, sampling, reporting and dashboarding, and process diagnosis.
- Quality Analysis and Insights
- Report quality performance data
- Share actionable, timely insights on quality trends and recommendations to improve MTS specialists’ quality score
- Publish quality reports on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis
- Ensure calibration sessions are conducted
- Stakeholder Management
- Meet and collaborate with and provide updates to stakeholders in the Philippines, Salt Lake, and San Francisco
- Participate in projects such as but not limited to process flow analysis and process redesign
- People Management and Development
- Mentor and coach a team of Quality Analysts
- Conduct weekly one and one sessions to coach on performance and personnel development
- Facilitate QA training and calibration sessions on weekly or as-needed basis
- Measure and report the team’s rate of alignment of MTS specialists, quality specialists, and team managers
- Audit QA team’s audits to identify areas for improvement to be used as basis for coaching and feedback
What will make you a perfect fit for this role
- At least 2 years of experience as a supervisor in the Quality field
- Experience using quality monitoring systems
- Background and/or training in quality and process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma.
- No specific educational requirement but college degree preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Willingness to work during day, mid or graveyard shift and rotating rest days
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced tech startup environment