Are you excited by developing new, experimental location-based game experiences? Do you like working with a team to prototype, test, and iterate on new products from start to finish? Niantic is looking for a Product Manager to help drive and build the next evolution of our first and award-winning AR game: Ingress. You will work across all parts of the cross-functional team and company as we pioneer new real-world gaming concepts alongside our passionate and dedicated user base. This position is not eligible for TN visa sponsorship.
- Understand and lead the player experience of the Ingress Agent; act as an internal champion for the player.
- Define and prioritize player needs for key player groups and work alongside the cross-functional team to translate these into product specifications and action plans, helping the team execute on them through completion.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to constituents across the organization; including Engineering, Product, Community, Games, Marketing, Legal, and Business Development teams.
- Work cross-functionally with diverse and creative teams to champion collaboration and communication among partners.
- Define product specifications, establish roadmaps, milestones, and lead their development and implementation against goals.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- 3+ years of Product Management or similar experience.
- Experience working with diverse teams.
- Familiarity with running complex projects and working as a horizontal leader to gain consensus with many stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience understanding user needs and co-designing solutions
- Quantitative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organization, communication, and management skills.
- Interest or excitement about AR and mobile games.
- You have existing experience as an Ingress Agent.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.