Americans spend more than $5 trillion on restaurants, retail, and services each year. Nearly 90% of those transactions happen in a real-world store. Data is king and online it powers personalized customer experiences and product recommendations. Offline, however, it’s still 1999. Brands are blind to their customers, causing them to spend more and more money on “megaphone” marketing with the same message to everyone. The result is an ever-increasing wave of generic spam that makes it hard for consumers to build deeper, data-driven relationships with their favorite brands. No wonder brick-and-mortar stores are being left behind.
Thanx is fundamentally changing that. As the CRM for offline merchants, Thanx personalizes every interaction between a merchant and their best customers, resulting in measurable increases in revenue for merchants and far greater personalization for consumers. How?
- Through proprietary partnerships with credit card networks (e.g. Visa), Thanx can reward consumers for their purchases and deliver highly-customized promotions to get them to return
- Through our interactive dashboard, Thanx makes even the smallest marketing team a data-science driven expert in personalization, delivering the right message to the right customer at the right time through the right channel.
- And by measuring our success based on revenue generated (not opens and clicks of emails) Thanx is committed to proving that we are actually making an impact for the brands we work with.
Think of us as Salesforce meets Google Adwords for offline retail. Thanx is backed by some of the best investors in the world — Sequoia Capital, Icon Ventures, and Andy Rachleff (CEO Wealthfront, cofounder Benchmark Capital), to name a few.
Who are you?
You are someone who is Passionate. Passionate about your role, problems to solve, sales, or anything else. That passion energizes you.
You love to compete and win. You recognize you're part of a whole. You learn from others, teach those around you, and truly care about the people you work with, leading to a better outcome for everyone. We will invest in you to make you the best, we want you to be a great teammate in the process.
You are wildly curious. You are always looking for opportunities to learn and grow. You can adapt to new ideas, process and concepts.
You take action. You find problems and want to solve them even when they aren't your responsibility. Everything is seen as an opportunity for improvement and you don't wait for permission to fix it.
You are very comfortable with technology. The product is not overly complex but we have found it is very helpful to be able to explain how it works when asked – and we use a lot of tech for demos throughout the sales process.
What about the sales team?
We love to learn, and our culture reflects that. We also love to WIN. We are passionate about the markets we serve, the problems that we solve and the products that we sell. We sell knowing that if our clients don’t succeed, we don’t succeed. We sell with integrity, urgency, and passion. We give you the room to be creative, but give you the support to succeed. In exchange, we expect a 100% results-oriented effort!
- Make at least 70 calls a day, that will result in 20 qualified meetings held for your Account Executive monthly.
- Assist your Account Executive to close 1-2 deals monthly and hit their monthly quota of 40k.
- Demonstrate excellence in the SDR role through consistency, being proactive, and creative outreach to be eligible for promotion to an Account Executive or another role within Thanx.
- Use our established lead sourcing tools to find the next great Thanx merchants and get them excited about our product. You will then collaborate with our Account Executives to "win" the deal.
- Source high-potential leads, convert inbound opportunities and connect with customers large and small over the phone and via email.
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives and directly with the CEO and Head of Sales to build your process and pipeline – learn from weekly training sessions but also bring your own creative ideas to help evolve the role of Sales Development at Thanx.
- A passion or interest in sales and helping build a company from the ground floor - this isn’t easy work.
- An understanding of startup environment and willingness to break through walls.
- Worked in a team or competitive environment, had formal sales training, and/or learned informally from a great mentor (we will ask her/him).
- BA/BS (required).
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.